2017 Grant round is expected to be announced late summer early fall.
PLEASE CONTACT US NOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
IN APPLYING FOR ASSISTANCE!
If you have any questions about the OHV Grant program, please contact Jenny Scanland at email@example.com or at (775) 684-2794. The NVOHV program provides grants for trail, education and outreach projects in Nevada.
Common Eligible OHV Projects include but are not limited to:
- Employee services of seasonal and/or non-permanent staff hired specifically for the project.
- Youth programs and youth-oriented projects, specific to the criteria of the funding.
- Trail building tools and equipment.
- Signs and interpretive aids.
- Construction, reconstruction, and maintenance work on trails.
- Construction of bridges, railings, ramps, fences, and retaining structures.
- Bank stabilization, re-vegetation, rehabilitation and erosion control in areas caused by OHV use.
- Trailhead development including parking lots, signs, restrooms and related facilities.
- Public Education, safety and user information programs.
- OHV registration law enforcement and outreach/education salaries, materials and equipment.
- Equipment for and the grooming of snow trails.
- Trail planning and Environmental reviews including NEPA, feasibility and trail use studies, management plans for shared trails, and analysis of existing and proposed trails, mapping, trail and facility inventory.
- Map publication and public distribution of maps.
- Food, gas, and safety gear PPE, for volunteers working on the project.