Nevada Off-Highway Vehicle Registration Program
The Nevada OHV program promotes safe and responsible use of Nevada’s outstanding opportunities for off-road recreation. The program provides grants to fund OHV related projects throughout the state including trail improvements, mapping, education, safety and other projects. See About Us for Commission members.
2016-2017 Grant Announcement and Application Period has closed.
Eligible applicants will be contacted when their grant application is being heard and voted on at a schedules Commission Meeting in the Fall of 2016.
There are no meetings scheduled at this time.
All Public Notices are posted on the Meetings page. If you would like to be added to the interested party email distribution list, please refer to the CONTACT tab above.
Please DO NOT use this address for OHV registration
Nevada’s program to register and title off-highway vehicles (OHVs) went into effect July 1, 2012. Nearly all OHVs greater than 70cc, and 1976 or newer, must be registered and display a registration decal to be operated legally in the Silver State.
You may also call us during normal business hours:
- (775) 684-4381 in Carson City/Reno/Sparks
- (702) 486-4368 option 8 in the Las Vegas area.
- (877) 368-7828 option 8 in rural Nevada.
Additionally, OHV dealers must be specifically licensed to sell off-highway vehicles.
Your registration fees benefit the OHV community and Nevada as a whole in many ways:
- Improve trails and facilities
- Protect the land through education and enforcement
- Protect your vehicles against theft
- Keep Nevada dollars in Nevada
- Encourage tourism
- Registration is now the law in all western states.